As a beach-going mama, I have made two big mistakes with my boys and our beach adventures. The first mistake was last year when my youngest was exposed to a bacteria at Doheney Beach that gave him a horrible rash and diarrhea. I should have checked this website to see the pollution levels, but I just thought that all of our local beaches were safe.
My second mistake was just this last week when I invited several families to the beach during extreme high tide. This mistake could have been resolved easily by checking the tide report, but instead we were all trying to find safe spots on the beach to keep our young children from being trampled by the huge waves.
image via flickr