Trust me, your family will thank you for making these. & you will thank me for the recipe, they are so easy. This is literally like a 20 minute meal.
2 lbs frozen meatballs, Italian style
2 loaves bakery Italian bread, or hoagie rolls
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 dash garlic powder
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pot combine frozen meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Heat over medium until meatballs are heated throughout.
3. Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic powder & set aside.
4. Slice Italian style bread loaves horizontally with serrated bread knife, I like to cut them almost all the way, but not completely through the bread. Cut loaves into three- or four-inch sections to make small sandwiches.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture on insides of each sandwiches’ tops and bottoms.
6. When meatballs are heated, spoon onto sandwiches and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Put sandwich tops on and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
image via here.