The movie theater is one of my favorite summer get-aways. You get to escape reality for a few short hours, & relax in a heavily air-conditioned room (without having to foot the bill). Unfortunately, movie tickets are getting pricey, even the afternoon matinees. Good thing there is an abundance of FREE (& super cheap) flicks playing this summer!
* AMC Summer Movie Camp: $1 G & PG movies start at 10 am every Wednesday from June 17 – August 5th. Find the nearest location & movie selections HERE.
* FREE Family Film Festival: FREE G & PG movies start at 10 am each Tuesday & Wednesday morning at select Regal theaters, during the months of June, July & August. Find the nearest location & movie selections HERE.
* Everyday $1-ish Movie Theaters
Or, if you’re looking to spend a warm summer evening outdoors… then pack up the kids, lawn chairs & treats and check out these FREE movies:
* Brea Family Films in the Park: Fridays June 26th, July 3rd, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, & July 31st. Arovista Park, movie starts at 8pm or dusk. For more info call (714)990-7177. For specific movie titles go HERE.
* City of Dana Point Movies in the Park: EVERY Friday in June. Lantern Bay Park, movie starts at approximately 8pm. For more information call (949) 248-3530. For specific movie titles go HERE.
* Ladera Ranch Movies in the Park: Friday July 31st. Ladera Town Green, movie starts at dusk. For specific movie titles go HERE.
* Lake Forest Movies in the Park: Fridays June 19th (Cherry Park), July 10th (Rimgate Park), & August 7th (El Toro Park). For more information call (949)461-3450. For specific movie titles go HERE.
* Tustin Movies in the Park: Thursdays July 30th (Heritage Park), August 6th (Frontier Park), August 13th (Magnolia Park), August 20th (Cedar Grove Park), August 27th (Centennial Park), movies start at 7:30pm. For specific movie titles go .
* Movies on the Beach: June 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th, 27th, July 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th, 31st, & August 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, and 28th. Movies start at sunset at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina. For specific movie selections go HERE.
* Free for ALL Movie Mondays at OCPAC: July 13th – August 3rd
image via HERE.