Awhile back, C did a great post on “Staying Cool” at Disneyland. I thought I’d do a follow up, with some of my favorite tips for beating the heat, while exploring Disney’s California Adventure. & Luckily, DCA is full of great places to escape to when it’s blazing hot!
* Grizzly River Run (be prepared, you WILL get wet, but isn’t that the point?)
* Head inside, & take a tour of the Boudin Bakery or the Mission Tortilla Factory. These are both great, “quick” escapes & you get FREE samples, which is a plus.
* Catch a flick: It’s Tough to Be a Bug!, Muppet Vision 3D
* It may not be air conditioned, but lots of trees provide plenty of shade inside the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
* Little ones LOVE the Princess Dot Puddle Park, (bring a change of clothes because they WILL get soaked, or, lots of kids show up in their bathing suit.) The S.S. rustworthy is fun too – a great place to play, with just enough water to keep you cool.
* Looking for a great escape from the heat? Check out the “Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage!” productions (lasts 20 minutes), or my absolute favorite way to beat the heat is “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular“. (4o minutes of air conditioned bliss, & the show’s dang good too!)
* & Finally, if you want a cool treat, be sure to visit: Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream (love that waffle cone smell), Catch a Flave for delicious soft-serve, Schmoozies for smoothies (duh!), & my personal favorite are the milkshakes found at Sam Andreas Shakes.
Don’t forget to drink lots & lots of water!
image by jeff pearce via flickr