So I can’t take credit for these, C had been raving, non-stop, about her favorite new cookie recipe. When I realized she was baking up a batch nearly every single day, I decided I needed to whip some up for myself, & they definitely did not disappoint. If you want a cookie that is big, fat & chewy, just like something you’d buy at a fancy bakery, then this cookie is for you. Try them with a scoop of ice for some homemade ice cream sandwiches, or maybe a roasted marshmallow sandwiched between two cookies would be good, I bet!
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour, “C” suggests you do 1 1/1 cups all-purpose flour & 1/2 cup whole wheat or oat flour (for oat flour simply grind up oatmeal in your blender)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, MELTED
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tb. vanilla extract
1 egg (room temperature)
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl & set aside
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
4. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
6. Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 45-2 hours (to counteract the melted butter)
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
7. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto cookies sheet, cookie sheet should be 3 inches apart (i did 9 cookies per pan)
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown. This is the key! They might still seem gooey in the middle, but just let them cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring them & they will be perfect. (Trust me, I’m speaking from experience, I overcooked my first batch.)
makes 18-20 cookies
Now grab a big glass of milk & enjoy. Oh! & You might want to double the recipe, because they go fast!
xoxo, K (& C too, considering she’s the one that gave me the recipe in the first place!)