Halloween may not be until Saturday, October 31st (speaking of which, do you have your costumes yet?), but here in Orange County we like to celebrate Halloween all month-long. Here are 12 things to keep you busy this spooky season.
1. Tanaka Farms: Pumpkin Patch, Tractor Rides, Petting Zoo, Corn Maze & more. Open everyday from 9am-6pm.
2. The Empty Grave Haunted House at Anaheim Garden Walk: October 9th, 10th, 11th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st & November 1st. Open 6:30pm – Midnight on Fridays & Saturday, and from 6:30pm – 10pm on weeknights. Cost is $13/ person, (see website for a coupon for $3 off).
3. Spooky Science Skeletons at the Discovery Science Center: Solve a forensic science mystery, piece together a skeleton, play a larger-than-life Operations-style game, explore a spooky 3-D maze. October 17th – November 8th, 10am – 5pm. Cost for adults: $12.95, children (3-17): $9.95, children 2 & under are free.
5. Boo at the Zoo: Fun & Safe trick-or-treating in a “Merry not Scary” Zoo atmosphere with educational programs throughout the evening & a costume parade. October 17-18th, 24th, 25th, 30th, 5:30-8pm.
6. Night of the Living Dead at the Maverick Theater: October 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 27th, 28th, 30th, & 31st at 8pm. $19. (Starting October 16th, for $30 you can catch a Double Feature: Night of the Living Dead & The Rocky Horror Show).
7. Zoomars Petting Zoo: Pumpkins, a Petting Zoo, Hay Maze, Games & Crafts. 10am – 5pm everyday.
8. Haunted Trails in Laguna Niguel: October 22nd-24th. Recommended for 8 years old+, a “less scary” event is offered on Saturday, October 24th from 5-6:30pm. Cost is $10.
9. Sinister Point Haunted House: A very scary (self-proclaimed) haunted house located in Brea. October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st. Open from 7-10pm on weekdays, 7pm – Midnight on the weekends. Tickets start at $13.
10. Haunted Walking Tours of Fullerton: Wednesdays & Thursday through November 6th. Tour begins at 6pm & lasts about 2 1/2 hours. Cost is $18 per person & reservations are required (714)738-6545.
11. Irvine Park Railroad Pumpkin Patch: Train & Hay rides, Pumpkin Patch, Face Painting & more. Open 10am – 5pm on weekdays, & 10am – 6pm on weekends.