This past weekend, we celebrated C’s birthday in grand style at Glen Ivy Hot Springs. We were primped, pampered & even got a little dirty. Located just outside the Orange County bubble, Glen Ivy Hot Springs is the perfect getaway – whether it’s for a couple of hours or an all day event.
1. Go with a friend, or even better a group of friends – Glen Ivy Hot Springs makes the perfect girls day out.
2. Pack for a day at the beach or pool. Don’t forget your swimsuit, sandals and a robe or cover-up. (Unlike typical spas Glen Ivy Hot Springs does not provide roves or slippers.)
3. Bring your own towel. Glen Ivy Hot Springs does provide towels which you should definitely use for the mud baths (why get yours dirty?). But for walking around, or lounging by the pool, we suggest you use your own, big, fluffy towel.
4. If you are planning on having any treatments, such as massages or facials, call ahead for reservations: 1-888-GLEN-IVY
5. If you are planning on taking a mud bath (which you most definitely should), bring an extra, older bathing suit (the mud can stain).
6. Make sure to soak in the mineral waters before your mud bath – it will help soften & open your pores.
7. Make sure to apply your mud liberally & let it dry out in the sun (or in their Wafa hut), to get the full effect… drawing from the pores, absorbing impurities and releasing waste and dead skin cells while tightening and revitalizing the skin.
8. Definitely eat lunch at Cafe Sole. We tasted salads, soups, sandwiches & wraps and everything was delicious.
9. Explore the ladies locker building. It’s so much more than just lockers… steam rooms & Roman baths all available for your use.
10. If scheduling a massage ask for Lupe or Brad Jensen, you won’t be disappointed.
11. Take advantage of Glen Ivy Hot Springs‘ Anniversary Admission Wednesdays ($18.60 admission every Wednesday throughout March 2010) or their 2 for 1 Admission Tuesdays and Thursday (Receive two admissions for the price of one every Tuesday & Thursday throughout March 2010), & FREE admission on your Birthday.
12. On your way home be sure to stop at Tom’s Farms for freshly made guacamole & salsa, gourmet sweet, roasted corn & so much more.
Glen Ivy Hot Springs
2500 Glen Ivy Rd.
Corona, Ca 92883
For Hours & Rates go HERE.
xoxo, C & K
Glen Ivy Hot Spring provided entrance passes for C & K. No compensation, of any kind, was received for this post & the opinions represented are 100% those of Just Spotted.