Welcome to 12 for Tuesday, where we highlight 12 great finds in & around Orange County. This week we are featuring 12 places to get your “splash” on in Orange County.
1. Walnut Grove Park Water Features: 905 South Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim
2. Larwin Spray Pool: 6161 Ball Road, Buena Park.
3. Brenner Park Tiny Tot Wading Pool: 7373 San Rafael Dr., Buena Park. Open to parents with children ages 6 & under. Pool is 25 feet long & 1-2 feet deep.
4. Adlena Park Spray Pool: 300 N. Adlena Dr., Fullerton
5. Downtown Plaza Interactive, Pop-up Fountains: 125 E. Wilshire Ave., Fullerton
6. Lemon Park Spray Pool: 701 S. Lemon, Fullerton
7. Valencia Park Wading Pool: 2425 W. Valencia Dr, Fullerton.
8. Irvine Spectrum Center Pop-up Fountains: 71 Fortune Dr., Irvine. 2 sets of fountains: one “larger splash” play zone near the movie theater & restaurant area, another “smaller splash” play zone near Target.
9. Pioneer Road Park Water Feature Play Area: 10250 pioneer Rd., Tustin
10. The District Pop-up Fountains: Jamboree Road & Barranca Parkway, Tustin. Pop-up fountains located in front of Strike Orange Couny
11. Pop-up Fountain Play Area: Main St. & Prospect Ave., Tustin. Fountains located behind the City of Tustin sign.
12. Sigler Park Splash Pad: 7200 Plaza St. Westminster
A few other places you can take the kids to get wet, that didn’t quite make the list (because they aren’t open to the general public, or there is a fee required):
* Ladera Ranch: Boreal Plunge, Canterra Plunge, Celestial Plunge, Cherry Plunge, Creighton Plunge, Township Plunge, Terramor Aquatic Park. Move to Ladera Ranch, or at least make friends with someone who lives there, because all of these “plunges” require Ladera Ranch key card access.
* Slyders Water Playground: Huntington Beach Hyatt, $35 for adults, $20 for children ages 2-12
* Soak City: Buena Park, $25.99 for ages 12 & up, $19.99 for 3-11
* Splash!: La Mirada. $17 for general admission, $12 for kids (under 48″)
* Wild Rivers: Irvine. $32.98 for general admission, $19.98 for kids (under 48″)
* Disney’s California Adventure: water features & pop-up fountains outside “a bug’s land.”