Welcome to 12 for Tuesday, where we highlight 12 great finds in & around Orange County. This week we are featuring 12 family & kid friendly beaches in Orange County.
1. Aliso Beach: sandy beach, rock promontories, scenic coastal foothills, marine life refuge borders the north & south, tide pool exploration, concession stands offering food & beach supplies, metered public parking lot, restrooms, fire pits, & PLAYGROUND.
2. Balboa Pier Beach: easy access with metered parking, restrooms & showers, Ruby’s on the pier, & a fantastic PLAYGROUND.
3. Bayside Drive Beach: a quieter than normal beach, free street parking, restrooms & children’s SWINGS.
4. Bolsa Chica State Beach: metered parking, restrooms, fire pits, snack bar concessions.
5. Doheney State Beach: campsites, restrooms, volleyball courts, food concession, metered parking, fire pits, aquarium & more.
6. Huntington City Beach: metered parking, food, restrooms, showers, & Ruby’s on the pier.
7. Little Corona Del mar Beach: free street parking, tide pools.
8. Mother’s Beach in Long Beach: volleyball, picnic sites, calm waters, restrooms, grassy lawn, metered parking & PLAYGROUND.
9. North Beach in San Clemente: fire pits, picnic tables, train tracks, metered parking & PLAYGROUND.
10. Rocky Point beach in Corona del Mar: free street parking, beautiful, scenic beach perfect for explorations.
11. San Clemente Pier Beach: restrooms, food concessions, fishing & SWINGS on either side of the pier.
12. Seal Beach: metered parking, nearby food concessions & PLAYGROUND.