Okay folks, it’s almost time for the OC Fair…. Friday, July 16th – Sunday, August 15th (open Wed. – Sun.), you can eat the treats, ride the rides & listen to the top notch entertainment as the “The Beat Goes On.”
Concerts, Action Sports Shows (featuring skateboarding, BMX, motorsports, a demolition derby & extreme bull riding), tons of FREE events & the typical Carnival stuff: rides, games & food (I’m looking forward to the roasted corn, deep-fried Snickers bar, the Mexican funnel cake & just about everything else featured in THIS fair food guide). That’s what the fair is all about.
Tickets cost $10 for Adults, Seniors $7 & Children (ages 6 & up) $5. You can buy tickets at the fair, or online HERE (to avoid the service charge be sure to choose the ‘TicketFast’ print-at-home option).
For more information about this year’s OC Fair go HERE. Before you plan your adventure, be sure to check out some of these great deals…
* FREE admission and parking from Noon – 1 PM on opening day. Valid only July 16, 2010.
* FREE admission for active duty military, law enforcement & firefighters (with ID) all day, EVERY DAY, July 16th – August 15th
* Kids ages 12 & under are admitted FREE EVERY Thursday
* $5 admission for those 60+, plus a FREE ferris wheel & merry-go-round rides every Friday
* Every Wednesday & Thursday: $25 Unlimited Ride Wristband and $1 Games. (wristband sold until 5pm & are valid until 8 pm)
* Every Thursday & Friday: $1 rides until 7 pm with purchase of Fun Pass (which is sold daily in $5, $200, $50 & $100 amounts & is valid for rides & games)
* Get the the front of EVERY ride line with a $20 Fast Pass. (Not sold on Fridays, valid on day of purchase only.)
* $1 Food Tastings EVERY Friday, Noon – 4pm.
* FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with donation of 5 canned or dry food items on Wednesday, July 21st from Noon – 6 pm
* FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with the donation of 1 new children’s books on Wednesday, July 28th from Noon – 6 pm
* FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with donation of five gently used clothing items on Wednesday, August 4th from Noon – 6 pm
* FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with donation of one school item valued at $3+ on Wednesday, August 11th from Noon – 6 pm
* Want to go to the Fair every day, or at least several times? Purchase the Super Pass, it’s basically a season ticket to the fair. If you purchase before July 15th the Super Pass costs $25 for adults, $15 for kids (6-12) & $20 for seniors. After July 15th the prices all go up $5. BesidesdailyFair access, the Super Pass gives you all kinds of discounts & other benefits. You can purchase the Super Pass at presale prices at the OC Fair ?& Event Center Box through July 15th, after that you can purchased them at the OC Fair admission gates.
image via The Orange County Fair