Drumroll please, we are happy, thrilled, absolutely ecstatic to announce the 2nd Annual, 2010 “You’ve Just Been Spotted” Orange County Blog Awards. Can I get a “Woot! Woot!”? There are so many fantastic & incredible websites written by our very own Orange County locals, we thought it was high-time we did a little celebrating & recognized all of these wonderfully talented people. So here’s the deal…
We are looking for the “best of the best,” websites, blogs & social media gurus that Orange County has to offer. Sure, we could hand out awards to all of our favorites, but really, where’s the fun in that? So, we are asking that you nominate YOUR absolute favorites. There are plenty of ways to make sure YOUR favorite blogs & websites make our list: email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), send us a message via twitter (@according2kelly or @JustSpottedOC), leave a comment on our Facebook page HERE, or simply leave a comment on THIS very post. All we want & NEED to know is the blog or website’s web address & which category you’d like to nominate them for. What?! We haven’t told you the categories yet? Silly us! Well here they are… we are looking for most fantastic, fun-to-read, inspiring, eye-catching & humorous sites in the following categories:
* Personal & Family Blogs (you know, the on-line diaries, personal & family blogs)
* Orange County-ish Sites (these sites offer the local scoop on all things Orange County)
* Kid & Family Sites (best kid & family-oriented sites in OC)
* Creative Blogs (the best crafty-ish & creatively inspired sites: crafts, DIY, tutorials & more)
* Cooking & Baking Blogs (recipes & more)
* Food & Restaurant Blogs (restaurant reviews & more)
* Shopping, Style & Design Blogs (amazing people, with impeccable taste – lifestyle, design, shopping, fashion & more)
* Photography Blogs (we’re talking eye candy here… pretty, pretty pictures)
* Educational & Learning Blogs (homeschooling & other educational resource blogs – teaching you things you never learned in school)
* Business Blogs (this includes both locally owned & operated businesses that blog & blogs about business)
* Humor Blogs (funny blogs… as in sites that make you laugh – whether on purpose or not)
* Disneyland Blogs (you know, the sites that provide the best tips, tricks & other Disneyland related news)
* Sports & Fitness Blogs (sites about biking, running, swimming, exercising & more)
* Best OC Etsy-ish Shops (Etsy-ish shops locally owned & operated right here in the OC)
* Best OC Food Truck (pretty self-explanatory… best food truck operating in Orange County)
* Favorite Local Blog (which one Orange County site can you not live without? It’s an absolute, must ready, every single day?)
So, your probably asking yourself, “How exactly is this going to work?” Well, let us explain…
Step 1: YOU nominate your favorite local Orange County blogs & websites, via any of the previously mentioned ways. Simply tell us the site, & the category you are nominating it for. (Blogs & websites MUST be written by an Orange-ish County locals & MUST be accompanied by a category selection.) Feel free to nominate as many sites as you wish (heck! You could even nominate your own site!) & tell your friends to do the same (you know what they say, “the more the merrier”). Not only will this be a fantastic way to “reward” the best sites in the OC, but we’re hoping to be introduced to some new ones we might not have otherwise found. All we ask, is that you get your nominations in by Wednesday, August 18th at 11:59 pm. That way we have plenty of time for step number 2.
Step 2: We will gather up all the nominees & compile them into one big list, which we will then “open up to the public” (that means you!) for voting.
Step 3: The nominees that receive the most votes, as well as an “editor’s choice” winner (chosen by Coleen & Kelly of course!) for each category, will then be announced & honored at a super fabulous, fun-filled evening. An evening totally dedicated to celebrating our winners & how wonderful they (& their sites) are. (Think paparazzi everywhere, flowing drinks, delectable treats & a plush orange carpet. Basically, it will be like the Oscars, only oranger, & your kids are invited. Okay, okay, that might just be what we imagine in our heads, but trust us, this is one party you don’t want to miss! I have just two words for you… Pretend City. Need I say more?)
So here we go… start sending us links to your favorite OC websites. If you want your submission to make “the list,” be sure to contact us before Wednesday, August 18th at 11:59 pm.
Oh! & Don’t forget to pick your category: Personal & Family Blogs, Orange County-ish Sites, Kid & Family Sites, Creative Blogs, Cooking & Baking Blogs, Food & Restaurant Blogs, Shopping, Style & Desing Blogs, Photography Blogs, Educational & Learning Blogs, Business Blogs, Humor Blogs, Disneyland Blogs, Sports & Fitness Blogs, Best OC Etsy Shops, Best OC Food Trucks, Favorite Local Blog, & Favorite Local Micro-Blogger. Phew! That’s one big list.
After we announce our BIG list of nominees, we’ll be sharing more information about our “not to be missed” awards & ceremony, & how you can get invited!
Want to spread the word (& the love) about the 2010 “You’ve Just Been Spotted” Orange County Blogs Awards? Button up!
Let’s get this contest started! Now it’s up to you! Have you nominated your favorite OC sites yet?
xoxo, C & K
p.s. Even if the site won last year, it can once again be nominated for the same (or different category). Just because they were the BEST in their category last year, doesn’t necessarily mean they will win again. Plus, we can’t exactly call our winners the “best of the best,” if we don’t let everyone come out to play.