Halloween is just around the corner, can you believe it? We know you’ll be busy finding costumes, gathering goul-ish decor, putting out the candy… making this the “best” Halloween ever. Because we know you wouldn’t want to miss any of our local events, we’ve put together a comprehensive list of “things to do & places to go” this Halloween season. Happy Haunting!
* Soka University Halloween Fair & Haunted House: October 29th & 30th. The Fair will run from 5-10pm & the haunted house will be open from 7-10pm.
* Halloween Time at Disneyland: until October 31st.
* Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland: Tuesday & Friday nights throughout October & Sunday, Halloween.
* Benedict Family Plot: October 26-31, 6:30-10pm. 2010 marks the celebration of 10 years of artistry, spectacle, and madness at the Benedict Family Plot! Each Halloween, local designers Dan and Erin Benedict transform their quaint 1920’s home into the spookiest home in Anaheim. The plot features endless creepy and creative details including Gearhead the mechanical scarecrow, an eerie gothic door and intricate tombstones; all designed and built from scratch by the couple. This year, guests will be “blown away” by the new addition to the plot: a giant vortex cannon! 530 s. Illinois St., Anaheim, CA 92802, FREE.
* Anaheim Spooktacular Halloween Parade & Fall Festival: October 30th, FREE admission
* The Empty Grave: Friday, Saturdays & Sundays throughout October, plus a Thursday October 28th. Anaheim Garden Walk. 6:30pm – Midnight on Fridays & Saturdays, 6:30pm – 1opm on Sundays & weekdays.
* The Haunting: October 31st only, 6pm-1opm, FREE admission.
Black Star Canyon:
* Haunted Tour: Oct0ber 23, 7-9pm
* Knott’s Camp Spooky: weekends in October.
* Knott’s Halloween Haunt: October 20-24, and 27-31st
7pm-1am or 2am depending on the night
* Pumpkins & Pancakes: at South Coast Plaza, October 24th, 8-11am
* Cypress Halloween Carnival: October 30th, 6-9pm at the Community Center
* Boo Cruise: October 29th, 5-7pm, $3 per person. 20 minute haunted harbor cruise. No reservations required.
* Doheny State Beach Halloween Haunt: October 23rd, 6:30-8:30pm. FREE entry with one can of food per person.
* Fullerton Arboretum’s Annual Haunted Garden: October 29th & 30th. Tours starting at 6:30pm, 7:30pm & 8:30pm.
* Fullerton Arboretum’s Annual Haunted Garden Children’s Party: October 30th. 1-3pm, for children ages 3-5 years.
* Night of the Living Dead & Zombie Love: Playing at the Maverick Theater throughout October.
* Diner of the Dead: “Heart-pounding, horror-filled maze set inside a vacant 10,000 square-foot restaurant.” Open every weekend from October 8th – 31st. The horror starts at 7pm & goes to midnight on Fridays & Saturdays, and to 10pm all other nights. The Maze will also be open Thursdays, October 21st, 28th & Wednesday, October 27th.
* Trick or Treat Downtown: October 31st, starts at 4pm, FREE admission. Trick or treating, canine & kids costume contest, haunted house.
* Boot Hill Haunted House: October 22nd-24th, 27th-30th. 7-10pm, FREE admission.
* Flying Jack O’Lantern at the Great Park: Thursday – Fridays 10am – 3pm & 7-10pm, Saturday – Sunday, 9am – 3pm & 7-10pm. FREE admission.
* Great Park Pumpkin Harvest: October 23rd, 10am – 3pm. Pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, horse drawn wagons, mini hay maze, train rides, arts & crafts, petting zoo & more.
* Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch, open daily 9am-6pm until October 31st, FREE admission
* Mini Monsters Bash: October 3oth 10:30am-12:00pm, Children’s Museum of La Habra. (Little ones dressed in costume receive 50% off admission.)
* Haunted Trails: October 28th 6:30-9m, October 29th 6:30-10:30pm & October 30th 6:30-10:30pm. Crown Valley Community Park.
* Queen May’s Dark Harbor: October 21 – 24 & October 27 – 31, 7pm – Midnight.
* Halloween Carnival: October 30th, 5-7pm at Laurel Park. FREE admission.
* Kid Friendly Haunted House: 708 E. Almond Ave., October 23 5-9pm, October 24 5-8pm, October 28 5-9pm, October 29 5-9pm.
* Treats in the Streets: Old Towne Orange, October 28th, trick-or-treating 4-7pm. FREE admission.
* Halloween Zoo-tacular at the Orange County Zoo: October 30th, 10am-4pm. Crafts, face painting, trick-or-treating & more. FREE with zoo admission.
* Irvine Park Railroad Pumpkin Patch, Irvine Regional Park. FREE admission, however there is a parking fee.
San Juan Capistrano:
* Haunted House of Illusions: October 29th 5-9pm, October 30th 4-9pm at Zax Studios.
* Zoomars Petting Zoo’s Old Fashioned Family Pumpkin Patch, open daily 10am-5pm
* Bug Invasion at the Discovery Science Center
* Boo at the Santa Ana Zoo: October 22nd, 23rd, 24th, & 29th. 5:30-8pm. Trick-or-treating, storytelling, entertainment & costume parade.
* Trick or Treating on Main Street: October 31, 11am – 4pm, Seal Beach, FREE admission
* Halloween Howl: October 29th, 3-5pm. Columbus Tustin Activity Center, FREE admission. Costume contests, carnival games, bounces house & more.
* Coffin Creek: Friday, Saturday & Sunday throughout October, and Wednesday October 27th & Thursday October 28th. Times vary by day.
* Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights: select nights during October
* Forneris Farms Corn Maze: 9am – 5pm on weekends, 2-5pm weekdays
* Big Horse Corn Maze: 10am – 4pm on weekends, 1-5pm on weekdays.
* Legoland’s Brick-or-Treat: Weekends throughout October.
* Sea World’s Halloween Spooktacular: weekends throughout October.