We all know that reading to our kids is important. (Research has shown that early & good readers come from homes where reading is valued & experienced regularly.) As for me, there’s nothing I like better than snuggling up with my kids, to enjoy a good book… but sometimes it’s fun to get out, & let someone else to the story-telling. So this week’s 12 for Tuesday features 12 places to go for storytime.
1. Barnes & Noble Children’s Storytime: Check your nearest location for dates & times. FREE
2. Bears, Buddies & Toys: Wednesdays (during the summer) 10:30 – 11:30am. FREE
3. Book Club at Pottery Barn Kids: Every Tuesday 11am -11:30am at the Pottery Barn Kids locations at South Coast Plaza & The Shops at Mission Viejo. FREE
4. City Libraries: Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, Laguna Nigeul, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Santa Ana, Yorba Linda: check each location for dates & times. FREE
5. The Enchanted Toy Store: Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday from 10-10:30am. FREE
6. OC Public Libraries: Aliso Viejo Library, Costa Mesa Donald Dungan Library, Costa Mesa Mesa Verde Library, Cypress Library, Dana Point Library, El Toro Library, Foothill Ranch Library, Garden Grove Chapman Library, Garden Grove Regional Library, Garden Grove West Library, Irvine Heritage Park Library, Irvine Katie Wheeler Library, Irvine University Park Library, La Habra Library, Ladera Ranch Library, Laguna Niguel Library, Los Alamitos/ Rossmoor Library, San Clemente Library, San Juan Capistrano Library, Seal Beach Library, Stanton Library, Tustin Library, Villa Park Library, Westminster Library: check your nearest location for dates & times. FREE
7. Sea Tales in the Steele Model Pavilion at the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum: stories, crafts, touch tank & music geared for pre-schoolers (ages 2-5). 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month, 9:45am – 11am. Cost is $3 for museum members & $5 for non-members (one child & one adult). Reservations are required & can be made by calling (949)675-8915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Story Time with Amy McCamly at Belly Sprout: Every Tuesday from 10 – 10:30am. FREE
9. Story Time at the Zoo: check OC Zoo event calender for dates & times. FREE with zoo admission.
10. Stroller Brigade at Fullerton Museum: stories, games, puzzles & crafts. Every Wednesday, 10am – Noon. FREE
11. Wild Tales at the Peter & Mary Muth Interpretive Center: Story telling, crafts, hands-on activities & nature walks. Cost is $5 per child (ages 2-8). Reservations are required & can be made by calling (949)923-2275 or emailing email@example.com.
12. Scribble Press: make-your-own-book at this Los Angeles book store. Write & illustrate your book & then have it printed & bound the very same day to take home immediately & share with family & friends.