The days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer & suddenly you find yourself wanting to find stuff to do in Orange County. Not that you were worried, but we are here to reassure you – there are plenty of things to do in OC, CA… Orange County attractions such as the beach (Laguna Beach, San Clemente, & Huntington Beach are always favorites), zoos in Orange County, shopping, California aquariums, restaurants, Santa Ana Discovery Center & other Orange County Museums.
However, there is so much more to Orange County if you are willing to “scratch the surface.” So, today’s 12 for Tuesday is featuring 12 lesser-known things to do, places to go & adventures to have… (many of them being free things to do in Orange County).
1. Angel Stadium Tour: $3 for adults, $2 for children
2. California Pizza Kitchen Tour: free, recommended for children ages 10 & under
3. Disneyland Tours: A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps, Discover the Magic Tour, Welcome to Disneyland Tour, VIP Tour Services, Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour (Halloween Time Only), Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour (Holiday Time Only).
4. Flightdeck Air Combat Center military flight simulation: $69
5. Fullerton Municipal Airport Tour: free, kids of all ages welcome
6. Grocery Store Tours at Albertsons & Ralphs: free
7. John Wayne Airport Tour: free (although parking is $2/ hr), ages 5+
8. K1 Speed Indoor Go Kart Racing at 5 California locations including Anaheim & Irvine, although “junior carting” (for children ages 5 – 12, between 48″ – 58″) is only available in Orange County at the Anaheim location.): Arrive & Drive sessions are $20 for 14 adult laps or 12 junior laps.
9. Segerstrom Center for the Arts Tours: free
10. Orange County Sanitation District Tours: free, ages 10+
11. Orange County Segway Tours: Balbaoa Island, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Newport Beach
12. ShangriLlama Walks: $25 – $50, depending on the number of people
If you are really interested in the whole “tour” experience, check out It’s All About Tours. They seem to provide VIP tour experiences at ALL Southern California Theme Parks, ALL Southern California Museums, ALL Southern California Aquariums & Zoos, ALL Hollywood Studio Tours, and a slew of other fabulous things to do in So. California.
p.s. Don’t worry, we’ve got lots of other ideas & suggestions for stuff to do in Orange County.