Maybe you already know, but there are literally dozens of museums in Orange County. Art museums & galleries featuring fine art & so much more. Today we are featuring the fabulous children’s museum, Pretend City in Irvine. Hands down, this is one of the best museums of California & definitely one of our favorite museums in Orange County. Located in the heart of Orange County, this miniature city is sure to thrill you & your kids. But before you pack up the kids & head to Irvine, CA here’s the nitty-gritty details on Pretend City.
Pretend City in Irvine
What is Pretend City? Pretend City is an interconnected city that allows children to explore the world on their own terms; here the children are the adults. With an entire city at their fingertips, children can experience what it is like to live, work, play, and be a part of a community. With over 15,000 sq. feet of educational interactive exhibits and activities, Pretend City brings learning and imagination to life!
What is the Pretend City Experience… basically, Pretend City in a “nutshell?” As a child enters through the city gates, their eyes are wide with wonder. In this city, they are the ones in charge. What do you want to be? What do you want to do? “Today, I am going to be a farmer and give the grocery store food to sell” or “I am a mail man and I have to make sure that everyone gets their letters from around the world!” A child’s imagination is encouraged and praised here at Pretend City and as they play and interact with their fellow “pretenders” they are building vital social, educational and developmental skills that one needs to succeed in the real world.
Pertinent Details & Information:
* Ideal child age range: Infants to 10 years.
* Location: 29 Hubble, Irvine, CA 92618
* Hours: Mondays 10am – 1pm, Tuesdays-Sundays 10am – 5pm (everyday 9am – 10am Members Only Hour)
* Healthy food & snacks: are available for purchase 10am – 2pm.
* Price: $11 per person ages 12 months+ (Adults must have a child to enter). Yearly Membership available from $100 – $330
* Additional Activity Fees: Some classes and workshops require registration and have a fee. Classes with a fee do not require museum admission to attend. Check the website for details
Pretend City Coupons
Pretend City Discounts & Coupons:
* 2nd Friday of every month, 2 for 1 Admission for Way to Play Day. Coupons available on our website under Good to Go From Head to Toe.
* Military & Family Members general admission: $8
* Admission after 4pm is 1/2 off: $5.50 per person ages 12 months+, $5 for Military & Family Members
Connect with Pretend City
images & video of museums in Orange County, provided by Pretend City in Irvine.