Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination at the Santa Ana Discovery Center, is what you might call an “out-of-this-world” exhibit. Check out this futuristic exhibit November 18th, 2011 – April 15th, 2012. (Are you humming the Star Wars theme song in your head yet? Because I know I am.)
Have you (or your kids) ever wondered if the amazing technologies in the Star Wars fantasy worlds could ever become reality?! Imagine a world with humanoid robots translating languages, landspeeders whizzing down the highway, and X-‐wing Starfighters protecting the skies. Sound pretty awesome, if you ask me!
The “Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination” exhibit at the Santa Ana Discovery Center will explore the futuristic technologies depicted in the Star Wars films & the real science behind them. (Que the theme song once again…)
* Get hands on: build & test your own speeders & robots
* See REAL movie props & costumes from all six Star Wars films (I have to admit I was pretty impressed that the Yoda on display is the actual puppet used in the films)
* Experience what it feels like to drive an actual HOVER craft
* Take a journey through the galaxy on the Millennium Falcon
* Explore the research that may someday lead to real-life versions of the technologies seen in the films & so much more.
Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination
May the force be with you.
Adult admissions to the Discovery Science Center for adults & children (ages 3-17) tickets can be purchased online for $12.95 (regular adult admission is $17.95). & Before you plan your trip, I’d suggest you check the Discovery Science Center‘s daily field trip schedule HERE, to help you anticipate when the museum will be less busy.
images via Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination & Discovery Science Center.