Drumroll please… we are happy, thrilled, absolutely ecstatic to announce the 3rd Annual, 2011 “You’ve Just Been Spotted” Orange County Blog Awards. Can I get a “Woot! Woot!”?
With 2012 well under way, we thought now was the appropriate time to reflect back, & honor the best Orange County blogs in 2011.
There are so many fantastic & incredible websites written by our very own Orange County locals, we thought it was high-time we did a little celebrating & recognized all of these wonderfully talented people. So here’s the deal…
We are looking for the “best of the best” websites, blogs & social media gurus that Orange County has to offer. Sure, we could hand out awards to all of our favorites, but really, where’s the fun in that?
So, we are asking that you nominate YOUR absolute favorites.
There are plenty of ways to make sure YOUR favorite blogs & websites make our list: email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), leave a comment on our Facebook page, or simply leave a comment on THIS very post.
All we want & NEED to know is the blog or website’s web address & which category you’d like to nominate them for.
What?! We haven’t told you the categories yet? Silly us! Well here they are… we are looking for most fantastic, fun-to-read, inspiring, eye-catching & humorous sites in the following categories…
Best Orange County Blogs
* Personal &/or Family Blogs (you know, the on-line diaries, personal & family blogs)
* Orange County-ish Sites (these sites offer the local scoop on all things Orange County)
* Creative Blogs (the best crafty-ish & creatively inspired sites: crafts, DIY, tutorials & more)
* Cooking &/or Baking Blogs (recipes & more)
* Foodie &/or Restaurant Review Blogs (restaurant reviews & more)
* Fashion &/or Beauty Blogs (where to shop, what to wear & how to wear it)
* Lifestyle &/or Design Blogs (amazing people, with impeccable taste)
* Photography Blogs (we’re talking eye candy here… pretty, pretty pictures)
* Business Oriented Blogs (blogs about business)
* Local Business Blogs (locally owned & operated businesses that blog)
* Humor Blogs (funny blogs… as in sites that make you laugh – whether on purpose or not)
* Disneyland Blogs (you know, the sites that provide the best tips, tricks & other Disneyland related news)
* Health & Fitness Blogs (sites about biking, running, swimming, exercising & more)
* Best OC Etsy-ish Shops (Etsy-ish shops locally owned & operated right here in the OC)
* Instagram (who’s Instagram feed are you always amazed by?)
* Pinterest (which Orange County local’s Pinterest collection are you most inspired by?)
So, your probably asking yourself, “How exactly is this going to work?” Well, let us explain…
Step 1: YOU nominate your favorite local Orange County blogs & websites, via any of the previously mentioned ways (email, facebook or simply by leaving a comment).
All you need to do is tell us the site (web address), & the category you are nominating it for. (Blogs & websites MUST be written by an Orange-ish County locals & MUST be accompanied by a category selection.)
Feel free to nominate as many sites as you wish (heck! You could even nominate your own site!) & tell your friends to do the same (you know what they say, “the more the merrier”).
Not only will this be a fantastic way to “reward” the best Orange County blogs, but we’re hoping to be introduced to some new ones we might not have otherwise found.
All we ask, is that you get your nominations in by Friday, January 13th at 11:59 pm. That way we have plenty of time for step number 2.
Step 2: We will gather up all the nominees & compile them into one big list, which we will then “open up to the public” (that means you!) for voting.
Step 3: The nominees that receive the most votes, as well as an “editor’s choice” winner (chosen by Coleen & Kelly of course!) for each category, will then be announced & honored.
So here we go… start sending us links to your favorite OC websites. If you want your submission to make “the list,” be sure to contact us before Friday, January 13th at 11:59 pm.
Let’s get this contest started! Now it’s up to you! Have you nominated your favorite OC sites yet?
xoxo, K & C
p.s. Even if the site won last year (or the year before), it can once again be nominated for the same (or different category). Just because they were the BEST in their category last year, doesn’t necessarily mean they will win again. Plus, we can’t exactly call our winners the “best of the best,” if we don’t let everyone come out to play.
p.p.s. can’t wait to see which sites are nominated as the best Orange County blogs!