Wondering how you’re going to spend your Orange County 4th of July? I’m sure fireworks, food, a pancake breakfast, games, live music, a parade, & most likely a day at the beach are already on your list. Luckily the 4th of July is a huge party in Orange County. Here are a list of family-friendly events that will definitely make this a celebration to remember.
Orange County 4th of July
Before you make your holiday plans, check out our list of what-to-do & where-to-go this 4th of July in Orange County…
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012:
* City of Orange Annual 3rd of July Celebration: Live entertainment, youth activities, interactive games, vendor booths & fireworks. $7 per person, children ages 2 & under are free. This event is from 4-9pm. Fred Kelly Stadium/ El Modena High School.
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012:
* Aliso Viejo 4th of July: Live Entertainment, Fireworks Arts & Crafts, FREE Face Painting & Bounce Houses, Food & Beverages available for purchase. 6-9pm at Grand Park.
* Anaheim: Disneyland’s “Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky,” 9:30pm.
* Anaheim Hills 4th of July Celebration: 5K, pancake breakfast, parade, dog show, & fireworks. The celebration lasts all day, with the firework show at 9pm at Peralta Park.
* Brea 31st Annual Country Fair: Admission is FREE. Pancake breakfast, live entertainment, kiddie parade, food, exhibits, teen fun area & Market Place craft area. Swimming at the Plunge begins at 11am for $2. 7am-4pm at City Hall Park, 301 S. Brea Blvd.
* Buena Park: Knott’s Berry Farms 4th of July Fireworks, 10pm
* Cypress, Los Alamitos, Seal Beach 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular: Food Court, Sponsor Booth, Kids Fun Zone & fireworks. This FREE event starts at 4pm. ($5 parking fee). Adults must have photo ID to attend. Joint Forces Training Base (two entrances: Lexington Dr. & Orangewood Ave.)
* Dana Point Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza: Take advantage of the FREE shuttles & head to Doheny State Beach, 25300 Dana Point Harbor Dr., Dana Point. Day long festivities & fireworks at 9pm. Watching from home? Be sure to tune your radio to KSBR 88.5FM.
* Dana Wharf Fireworks Cruises: Watch the fireworks from the water… dinner & fireworks or fireworks only cruises available.
* Fullerton 4th of July Festival & Fireworks Show: Live music, games, food & fireworks. This FREE event takes place from 5-9:30pm. Fullerton High School Stadium.
*Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade & Pier Festival: 5K Run, Pancake Breakfast, Parade, Pier Festival & fireworks. This mostly free event lasts all day long, with the firework show at 9pm.
* Irvine Concert on the Green & Fireworks Festival: Live bands, concession stands, balloon jumpers, face painting, games & fireworks, gates open at 3pm. Adults (14 & over) $12, Senior/ Child (60+ & 13 and under) $8, under 2 are free. Irvine High School.
* Ladera Ranch: Freedom Run 5K, 10K, & kids races
* Laguna Hills Fourth of July Celebration: Fun, food, carnival rides, live music, patriotic crafts and fireworks. This FREE event takes places from 4-9:10pm. Laguna Hills Community Center & Sports Complex, 25555 Alicia Parkway, Laguna Hills.
* Laguna Niguel: Run in the Parks 5K & 10K
* Laguna Niguel: Concert in the Park 6:30 – 8:30pm at the Crown Valley Community Park, 29751 Crown Valley Parkway.
* La Habra 4th of July Celebration: Games, food, activities & fireworks. This event takes place from 5-9pm. La Habra High School Stadium.
* Lake Forest: Pancake breakfast, 5K & Parade. This event takes place starting at 7am at El Toro High School.
* La Palma: Fitness Run 5k, 10K & Kids run
* Mission Viejo: Food, games & fireworks. This FREE event takes place from noon – 9pm. Olympiad Road between Marguerite Parkway & Melinda Road.
* Newport Beach: Newport Peninsula Bike, Dog Parade & Community Festival featuring free carnival games, giant slides, jump houses, arts & crafts and food. Fireworks begin at 9pm at Newport Dunes.
* Newport Dunes Fireworks Extravaganza: The fireworks show will begin at 9 pm, but the Dunes has planned a full-day of activities for those interested in spending their holiday by the Back Bay. There will be a $60 per car (with six wristbands) or a $20 per person walk-in fee for the activities.
* Newport Harbor Old Glory Boat Parade: Pancake Breakfast, BBQ Lunch, Parade at 1pm.
* Orange Park Acres: 5K & Parade
* Tustin: Entertainment will begin at 6:30pm, fireworks at 9:00pm, FREE admission. Barbecue food items, snacks, and beverages will be sold by Tustin High Booster Clubs. Tustin High School Football Field (1171 Camino Real, Tustin 92780).
* San Clemente July 4th Fireworks: This FREE fireworks show begins at 9pm. San Clemente Pier.
* San Juan Capistrano 4th of July Celebration: Live music, exhibit & food booths, bounce house, pony rides & fireworks. FREE admission, tickets & wristbands available for purchase for rides and bouncers. This event starts is from 3-9:30pm. San Juan Capistrano Sports Park, 25925 Camino Del Avion, San Juan Capistrano.
* Yorba Linda: Family Activities, DJ Entertainment, Game Booths, Inflatables, Food Vendors, Face Painting. This FREE event starts at 5pm, Fireworks at 9pm. Veterans Park (4756 Valley View Ave.) OR Yorba Linda Middle School (4777 Casa Loma Avenue).
image via HERE.
p.s. hope you have a safe a happy Orange County 4th of July.
anaheim 12:30 =9 peralta park
August 21 – 25
230 W. First St., Tustin 92780
Gates open at 5:30pm,
show starts at 6:00pm
Tickets will be available for purchase at the Tustin
Parks and Recreation office, as well as other sites
throughout Tustin. Reserved tables are also
available. For ticket locations or more information,
visit www.tacfa.org or call (714) 518-5519.
Date: August 7, 2012
Location: Fountain Valley Recreation Center & Sports Park
*National Night Out
“Diary of a Wimpy Kid”
Date: August 17, 2012
Location: Los Alamos Park
Date: August 24, 2012
Location:Fountain Valley Recreation Center & Sports Park
MOVIES IN THE PARK