Okay folks, it’s time for the OC Fair…. Wednesday, July 13th - Sunday, August 12th (open Wednesday – Sunday), you can eat the treats, ride the rides & listen to the top notch entertainment as the OC Fair.
OC Fair: Home Sweet Home
Concerts, Action Sports Shows (featuring skateboarding, BMX, motorsports, a demolition derby & extreme bull riding), tons of FREE events & the typical Carnival stuff: rides, games & food (I’m looking forward to the roasted corn, deep-fried Snickers bar, the Mexican funnel cake & just about everything else featured in THIS fair food guide). That’s what the fair is all about.
Tickets cost $11 for Adults, Seniors $8 & Children (ages 6 – 12) $6. You can buy tickets at the fair, or online HERE (to avoid the service charge be sure to choose the ‘TicketFast’ print-at-home option).
For more information about this year’s OC Fair go HERE. Before you plan your adventure, be sure to check out some of these great deals…
OC Fair Discounts & Savings
* Every Day: FREE admission for active duty military, law enforcement & firefighters (with ID) all day
* Every Day: Fun Passes are sold in increments of $5, $10, $50 & $100 – valid for rides and games
* Every Day: Children (5-11) who submit a completed two-book report form available on ocfair.com will receive three free carnival rides.
* Every Wednesday & Thursday: $30 Unlimited Ride Wristband, plus two free games. (Wristband sold until 5pm & are valid until 8 pm)
* Every Thursday: Kids ages 12 & under are admitted FREE
* Every Friday: $6 admission for those 60+, plus a FREE ferris wheel & merry-go-round rides
* Every Friday: $2 rides & $2 Games (sold until 4pm, valid until 4pm)
* Every Friday: Every Friday from Noon-4 p.m., Fairgoers can sample their way through the Fair for only $2 a taste. Fair vendors will be selling samples of ice cream, pulled pork, shave ice, funnel cake, fried Oreos, sausage and more.
* Friday – Sundays: $2 admission for OC Fair Express Riders
* Every Saturday & Sunday: $2 Admission, 10am – 11am
* Wednesday, July 18th from Noon – 4 pm: FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with donation of 5 canned or dry food items on
* Wednesday, July 25th from Noon – 4 pm: FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with the donation of 1 new children’s books, or 3 gently used children’s books on
* Wednesday, August 1st from Noon – 4 pm: FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with donation of five gently used clothing items on
* Wednesday, August 8th from Noon – 4 pm: FREE admission & one carnival ride per person with donation of one school item valued at $5+ on
OC Fair Coupons
* Del Taco Coupons: Receive $2 off general admission
* Ralphs 5x5x5: Purchase at least $10 with your Ralphs Club card & receive a coupon to purchase up to 5 OC Fair general admission tickets for only $5 each, before 5pm Wednesday – Friday.
OC Fair Super Pass
* Want to go to the Fair every day, or at least several times? Purchase the Super Pass, it’s basically a season ticket to the fair. If you purchase before July 12th the Super Pass costs $35 for adults, $25 for kids (6-12) & $30 for seniors. After July 12th the prices all go up. Besides daily Fair access, the Super Pass gives you all kinds of discounts & other benefits. You can purchase the Super Pass at presale prices at the OC Fair & Event Center Box through July 15th, after that you can purchased them at the OC Fair admission gates.
Free With Fair Admission
There are many free exhibits and family-friendly that are included with Fair admission:
* Daily Free Entertainment: In addition to the diverse Fair lineup of children’s dance troupes, magicians and local bands, every day visitors can enjoy the amazing acrobatic feats of the Peking Acrobats (multiple shows nightly on Plaza Arts Stage), the cute competitiveness of the All-Alaskan Racing Pigs (multiple shows daily in the Livestock Area) and the beauty of the stilted and costumed Dragon Knights (all day throughout the grounds).
* Learn & Experience: Children of all ages can enjoy the hands-on exhibits and games in the Fun Zone or peruse through the award-winning artwork and home art competitive entries in the Visual Arts and Home Arts Galleries. Free demonstrations are held daily in each building as well as on the Exhibit Promenade Stage.
* Get Competitive: Nightly, children can compete in food eating contests in the Fun Zone (sign-ups at 6 p.m., contests start at 6:30 p.m.) and every singer in the family can belt out their favorite tunes with the support of a live band and in front of a live audience during the Karaoke Rockstarz held daily at 7 p.m. on Meadows Stage.
* Special Exhibits & Entertainment: Learn about the wonderful world of chocolate from “bean to bar” in the Chocolate Unwrapped exhibit in the Exhibit Promenade daily. Fairgoers, young and old, are invited to Yarn Bombing Day on July 15 when amateurs and experts will cover Fair Square with colorful knitted and crocheted yarn art. The Fair will be hopping with the return of Pogopalooza on July 26-28 with more world-record extreme pogo stick attempts in Fair Square. The Girl Scouts will commemorate their 100th anniversary with a special daily exhibit and one day (July 27) of performances, demonstrations and more from local Girl Scouts. The majestic beauty of the iconic Budweiser Clydesdales will be on display August 1-12 in Livestock with demonstrations and an exhibit plus a nightly trot through the Fair. New this year, the Oasis Camel Dairy will share their alternative to the dairy cow with exhibits and daily milking demonstrations from August 1-12 in Livestock.
* Free Action Sports: Avid action sports fan can enjoy demolition derbies, canine-agility demonstrations, motocross, BMX jumping and more with their Fair admission in the Action Sports Arena. Limited free-with-Fair seating is available each show on a first-come, first-seated basis. Reserved seats are available for purchase and include free Fair admission.
OC Fair: Home Sweet Home
What: The OC Fair, Home Sweet Home
When: July 13th – August 12, 2012 (closed Mondays & Tuesdays)
Where: Orange County Fairgrounds, 88 Fair Dr., Costa Mesa, CA 92626
image via the OC Fair: Home Sweet Home