Have you heard the news? Whole Foods Market is coming to Newport Beach! Yep! Yep! The world’s leading natural & organic foods supermarket (not to mention first national certified organic grocer) is hosting a Grand Opening celebration like no other at Whole Foods Market Newport Beach at Fashion Island on Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 – & you’re invited!
Whole Foods Newport Beach Grand Opening
This HUGE celebration will take place Wednesday, September 19th, 20012 from 9am – 10pm. & You definitely don’t want to miss the special “bread breaking ceremony” for the first 300 customers in line in the morning, you’ll receive a complimentary demi-baguette! Plus, there will also be delicious food and wine tastings throughout the day, local vendor demonstrations and Happy Hour specials in the Back Bay Tavern.
This new location, the fifth Whole Foods Market in Orange County, will have some pretty amazing features that are exclusive to this location…
The Tea Hive fusion cafe and tea bar:
“Customers will be able to choose green, black or oolong tea in almost any imaginable form – whether frozen, sparkling, iced or steamed. Specialty drinks are made in martini shakers by “Tea Tenders.” Among the offerings are a: Pomarita, a refreshing blend of pomegranate and tart lime with green tea, and Chocolate Chai, black tea, spiced chai, chocolate and cinnamon.”
The Back Bay Tavern:
“Seating for 150 and a rotating selection of 24 craft beers on tap, plus wine and spirits, along with an extensive menu that includes beef, seafood, vegetarian and vegan meals. A smaller “Express” beer and wine bar with 12 beers on tap will be available at the front of the store for quicker service.”
But that’s not all! In addition to the Tea Hive and Back Bay Tavern, at this store location you will also find:
- Extensive produce section: Seasonal varieties including locally grown fruits and vegetables like: California Morro Bay Avocados, organic local chards and kales, and Manessero local tomatoes and veggies.
- Meat department: Highest quality meat, from animals raised without antibiotics and added hormones. All meats adhere to Whole Foods Market’s stringent quality standards, including a full line of 100% grass-fed, locally-sourced beef and chicken, a variety of selections ready to take home and cook, and in-house smoked meats will be offered. A new ‘Get Crocked’ section that features complete meals that can be taken home and easily prepared in a crockpo
- Seafood department: Sustainably-sourced fresh filets, steaks, local and seasonal seafood, whole fish and oven-ready selections. Fresh seafood is delivered up to six days a week.
- Hot and cold bar options: Prepared salads and rotating menu items such as a smoked taco program and a full Asian menu with sushi, Japanese, Chinese and Korean options. The salad bar will be 100% organic featuring local vendors.
- Full in-store bakery: A team of dedicated bakers creating freshly made breads from scratch, including focaccias, baguettes, 100% whole grain cakes, muffins, cupcakes, fruit tarts, cookies, and special diet selections like vegan and gluten-free treats.
- Juice and coffee bar: Fresh squeezed juices and freshly brewed coffee as well as an all-new “Instant Oatmeal On-the-Go.
- Value-conscious grocery items: Whole Foods Markets 365 Everyday Value brand pantry staples with thousands of products priced at the same low prices, everyday.
- Bulk and raw foods: Extensive selection featuring heirloom beans, sprouted nuts/grains/flours
- Prepared foods: Serving a wide variety of everyday favorites such as handcrafted pizza by the slice or the whole pie, in-house chips and dips, custom-made sandwiches, bar, hot soups, meals-on-the-go and Weekday Deals.
- 48 feet of beer of which 8 feet is dedicated to all the canned beer varieties
- Cocktails made with organic ingredients and over 100 wines under $9.99 ~ some wines starting at $1.99 per bottle. More than 100 wines with 90+ Points ratings and a 100-point wine set.
- Whole Body section: Personal-care items to care for the whole body along with nutritional supplements and vitamins.
- Free Wi-Fi and plenty of parking.
Holy cow, right?! I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for Whole Foods Newport Beach to open!
To celebrate the opening of their Newport Beach location, Whole Foods Market invites you to enter the Whole Foods Market Newport Beach Photo Contest HERE!
You could win a private party suite for 10 people at the Newport Hyatt Jazz Concert (with beer, wine soft drinks & appetizers included) or $100 Whole Foods Market gift cards.
Contest runs now through September 21st, 2012. For more information click HERE.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Whole Foods Market Newport Beach. Although, I am already a huge fan, and am counting the days until this new locations opens!