Looking for a fabulous way to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Orange County? Well, for starters, there are tons of holiday activities still happening in & around Orange County.
Or, if you’re looking for something catering towards adults, check out OrangeCounty.com’s very complete list, of things to do & places to go this New Year’s Eve.
But, if you’re interested in a New Year’s eve celebration that is a little more family oriented, try one of these New Year’s Eve in Orange County celebrations…
New Year’s Eve in Orange County
* Discovery Science Center’s Noon Year’s Eve Celebration: 9am – 5pm. Ring in the New Year just a bit early this year… “Why wait till midnight? Grab the kids and get ready to celebrate the new year with us at NOON on December 31! Noon Year’s Eve is a fun-filled day of celebration with activities for all ages. Countdown & toast to 2013 at 12pm & 2pm.” Dress up in your favorite 80s gear & get your groove on at the 80s dance parties at 11:30am, 1:30pm & 3pm. Plus, get your picture with the famous DeLorean car from the 80s. Free with paid admission & open to all ages.
* Disneyland’s New Year’s, 8am – 2am (Disneyland), and 8am – 1am (California Adventure). The “Holidays” are still happening at Disneyland & that includes New Years… it’s basically a HUGE family party. Tons of bands, party favors, a special New Year’s fireworks show, & did I mention that California Adventure is open until 1am & Disneyland is open until 2am?
* Great Park Family New Year’s Eve, 5-9:30pm. Featuring live music, dancing, great food, carousel rides, games and activities for the kids – all in a fun, alcohol-free environment. Local dance groups will perform, street entertainers will delight and everyone can boogie down as a DJ plays tunes in the Hangar 244 Lounge. At 9 p.m. the Great Park will transform into a party atmosphere in time to ring in the New Year with a pop of streamers, party hats and noise makers. Admission is FREE, parking is $10.
* Knott’s Berry Farm’s New Year’s Eve Celebration, 10am – 1am. Knott’s Berry Farm will have something for the entire family this New Year’s Eve with a variety of dance music, a family-friendly comedian magician, Clueless Remix Featuring DJ Reesso, a trip back to the ‘70’s with Elton John – The Early Years, line dancing and salsa dancing. All this plus Knott’s rides, attractions and a Midnight Mayhem Fireworks Show in Calico Square will make Knott’s New Year’s Eve celebration the place to ring in 2013. All this plus Knott’s rides, attractions are included with regular daytime admission.
* Medieval Times’ New Year’s Eve Extravaganza, 9:30pm. Celebrate New Year’s Eve Medieval style. Complete with a Medieval feast, 2-hour live tournament, party favors, DJ and dancing, midnight countdown, balloon drop, toast & a continental breakfast.
* OC Fair New Year’s Eve Block Party: 7:30pm – 1:30am. The New Year’s Eve Block Party is offering great fun in a casual setting. Live tribute bands & DJ entertainment by the decade (from the ’60s – ’90s), Dancing, Casino, Carnival Rides & Party Zones. But the best part? There will be tons of gourmet food trucks. Trust us, there will be a truck to satisfy every stomach!
* Pretend City’s New Year’s Eve Party, 10am – 1pm. Spend this New Year’s Eve ringing in the New Year Pretend City style! Today will be the day for family and friends to gather at Pretend City to celebrate the New Year. Festivities of the day will include: rockin’ dance party, story time & more. Then, at Noon, ring in the New Year with a countdown & celebration. FREE with museum admission.
* Rancho Santa Margarita’s Celebrating Family & Friends Event: starting at 5pm, at the Civic Plaza. It is an alcohol-free community festival featuring entertainment, food booths & fun for the whole family. For more information call 949-216-9700.
* Rainforest Cafe’s New Years Eve Party: 6-9pm, at the Rainforest Cafe located inside South Coast Plaza. For $7.99, kids 10 & under will enjoy a fabulous buffet, featuring nearly everything on their kid’s menu (chicken nuggets, burgers, even ice cream sundaes), while parents can enjoy anything off the menu. Everyone will help ring in an early New Year with hats, noisemakers, a sparkling cider toast & balloon drop. For more information, or to make your reservation call (714)424-9200.
New Year’s Eve in Orange County
One New Year’s Eve party I might be tempted to ditch the kids for? New Year’s Eve Aboard the Queen Mary. One ticket lets you hit several different onboard parties with jazz, dueling pianos, disco and more including a fireworks spectacular at 9pm and Midnight. Tickets start at $109/ person.
Hope you a very happy & very safe New Year’s Eve in Orange County.